Whether you’re a small business trying to ramp up your reach, awareness and sales, or a seasoned pro looking to branch out with your marketing techniques, we’ve got you covered. It can be difficult and a little overwhelming with all of the different advertising avenues, so allow us to break down our top 6 for you. Here’s 6 of the best ways to advertise your business – so let’s go!
6 Of The Best Ways To Advertise Your Business
There are various different types of marketing, a lot of which fall under the category of content marketing. Allow us to explore some options here:
1. Digital Advertising
Marketing via digital advertising has tons of benefits, such as:
- Being able to target specific audiences
- Creating data-led strategies
- Access to statistics and tracking
The main digital advertising channels offer Pay-Per-Click, Display and Paid social.
- PPC are campaigns usually run on Google Ads, and they help you target a specific audience whilst optimizing your ad spend. These campaigns can be tailored to those who are searching for relevant terms, products or services.
- Display Advertising is better for things like brand awareness, and reaches those in the Google Display Network. This, astonishingly, reaches 90% of all Internet users worldwide, and consists of news sites, blogs, video platforms, blogs and more.
- Paid Social Advertising takes place on social media channels, particularly Facebook and Instagram. You can assign a set budget to post to boost its reach.
2. PR Campaigns
PR campaigns involve gathering press to promote your business, product or service. Great for new product launches and exciting changes within the business, PR coverage can come from other companies, or you can also do it yourself!
Benefits of PR include:
- Finding your target audience (for example, if your small business was a Florist and was mentioned in a horticulture magazine, you could find a lot of new potential customers
- Sends a message of trust to audiences, as it’s not just your business promoting your own services – but somebody else (potentially an establishment that they trust) is reviewing and recommending you
The two routes for creating a PR campaign involves either contacting journalists, reporters, other companies and so on yourself – or hiring a specialist PR agency. It all depends on your time, expertise, budget and network of contacts/success in reaching out on your own.
3. Social Media
You guessed it, our next method of advertising and promoting your business is via social media.
If used correctly, social media can play a critical role in marketing your business – and you won’t have to waste a ton of budget on it, either. Social media allows you to connect with both existing and future customers, tell them about your brand, show your business’ personality and introduce the business to newcomers.
Firstly, it’s important to determine what you want to achieve before developing your social media marketing campaign. Do you want to reach more people, drive traffic to your website, generate leads or increase sales and sign-ups? Getting a content strategy / plan down is a great place to start, thinking all the while about your target audience, what content they enjoy and which corners of the internet they might be lurking in!
Don’t forget that video marketing is currently the best way to up engagement – and you can learn more about video marketing for small businesses here.
For further social media tips, check out our articles on Writing Engaging Social Media Captions, Post Consistency and Alternative Social Media Platforms For Small Businesses!
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the top ways to market your business online.
If you’re unfamiliar with SEO, it is essentially a practice to help your business rank higher in search engines such as Google. Optimizing them for SEO helps to boost you, gather more traffic, and be seen by more people. You should optimize your content, website, social media, any video channels such as YouTube etc for SEO to help improve your reach.
Tips for optimizing your content for SEO:
- Perform keyword research to find out what your target audience may be searching, and feature these keywords in your descriptions, blog articles and so on to help them find you!
- Your content should be readable, personable and a decent length (around 2000 words for things like blog articles will help you to rank higher)
- Optimize page titles, headings, captions, internal linking, image descriptions and alt text, video descriptions and more. A quick search can help you find out what the optimum lengths are for the above.
5. Email Marketing
Email marketing is an extremely popular method of marketing, and for good reason!
This type of marketing is:
- Quicker, easier and more cost-effective
- Expected by audiences
- Easy to tailor your messages to your audiences, as well as keeping track of those who engage to target further
- Full of insights to see what customer behavior, click rate etc is
For email marketing, tailoring your message to your audience is key. This will help keep engagement and open rates up. It also allows you to keep in touch with previous or existing customers to make sure that you’re at the top of their list, and that they remember you (and hopefully, how great you are!), whilst telling them all about new products, launches or services that you offer.
Letters, leaflets and other forms of direct mail may seem like a dying concept, but it can still help you to reach wider audiences. In order for direct mail to be effective, remember:
- Use top quality data, making sure your database is up to date and relevant
- Make sure your recipients are relevant to the content you’re sending out
- Your mail should be eye catching, clear, and resonate with the recipient
Unlike emails which can end up in spam folders or simply be buried, physical mail is a more direct way of connecting with audiences. If the creative is strong and relevant, it can help open up a whole new world!
Final Thoughts & How Audiosocket Can Help
This article is all about how to use marketing to help your business to reach as many potential customers as possible.
If you’re planning on creating content for your business such as website content, YouTube videos, podcasts and so on, it’s time to start planning aspects like music. That’s where we can help!
If you are looking for authentic, top-quality music for your project, why not check out Audiosocket? Your content deserves the best, so sign up today and access 80,000+ songs to bring your vision to life!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to check out our articles on content creation, affiliate marketing, small business marketing strategies and creating corporate videos!